Mahogany Rise Primary School
23 Jenkins Street, Frankston North VIC 3200
Have a fun afternoon playing games with other children whilst learning about mental health and looking after yourself!
CHAMPS Club is a peer support group for young people who have a parent, carer or family member with mental health challenges either in the home or in their family network. The group is facilitated by Family Life practitioners accredited and trained in partnership with Families where a Parent has a Mental Illness (FaPMI) Program.
The CHAMPS Program aims to give children opportunities in a safe environment to:
- meet and talk with others with similar experiences.
- receive information and support.
- learn about healthy coping strategies for coping with stressful situations.
- improving self-confidence.
- talk about mental health.
- be reassured that they are not alone.
- have fun with games and activities.
There will be an optional parent group and dinner afterwards for CHAMPS participants with Parents/Guardians’ consent.
Suitable for: 8-12 year olds with an adult family member who experiences mental health challenges (such as a parent, carer, adult sibling etc.) Families eligible residing within the Bayside Peninsula region.
When: 6 sessions, Tuesdays, 24th October – 5th December 2023