Mooroopna Primary School, Park St Mooroopna
The Parent Child Mother Goose program is an evidence-based program that strengthens attachment and interaction between parents or carers and their young children by introducing them to the pleasure of rhymes, songs and stories together.
Through the program, parents gain skills and confidence that help them create positive family patterns during their children’s crucial early years. At the same time, children benefit from enjoyable, healthy early experiences with language and communication.
Benefits of the Parent-Child Mother Goose program:
- Promote attachment between parents and their young children
- Aid the language development of young children
- Help to reduce stress associated with being a parent or care of a young child
- Put parents in touch with other parents (thus helping them to form new friendships)
- Connect parents and carers with useful resources in their own community
Parent-Child Mother Goose is particularly suitable for parents and carers who need extra support because of their own personal or social circumstances, or because their children have special needs or are otherwise at risk. The program is enjoyable and fun, and is available to participants free of charge.
Shae is the program facilitator of this group and welcomes any enquires by phone on 03 5825 2060. Alternatively you can pop in to the Our Place office or contact Caroline via the details below.
Caroline - Community Facilitator
Phone: 0413 842 543