Northern Bay College, Department of Education and Training, Department of Families, Fairness and Housing and City of Greater Geelong.
1. Children in the Corio community grow up healthy and happy.
- Encourage a range of early learning activities and opportunities so that every child participates in early learning before they start school.
- Support services and families to identify development vulnerabilities in children and get the help they need early.
- Work with early learning services and Northern Bay College to make sure there is a consistent approach to children’s learning as they move from early learning to school.
- Provide support programs and resources for parents and carers.
2. Supporting families.
- Bring services and activities to Korayn Birralee Family Centre and connect families to support.
- Facilitate the delivery of activities at the School and Family Centre where parents or carers can connect and learn with each other.
- Make it easier for families to access different services by telling their story only once when seeking support.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers to support their children’s learning and development.
3. Improving adult learning and employment opportunities.
- Facilitate activities for families to connect with each other and pursue interests.
- Partner with other organisations to deliver adult learning opportunities on site and employment support.
- Link parents and carers with volunteer opportunities and support them with pathways to employment.
Northern Bay Stories
Place-based approaches bring together the resources that communities need to thrive. Grounded in collaboration, they work towards strengthening commun…
Download the resource: The Northern Bay Journey.
Weekly Storytime sessions at Korayn Birralee Family Centre provides families with an opportunity to engage in a targeted early literacy program within…