Northern Bay College, Department of Education, Department of Families, Fairness and Housing and City of Greater Geelong.
1. Children in the Corio community grow up healthy and happy.
- Encourage a range of early learning activities and opportunities so that every child participates in early learning before they start school.
- Support services and families to identify development vulnerabilities in children and get the help they need early.
- Work with early learning services and Northern Bay College to make sure there is a consistent approach to children’s learning as they move from early learning to school.
- Provide support programs and resources for parents and carers.
2. Supporting families.
- Bring services and activities to Korayn Birralee Family Centre and connect families to support.
- Facilitate the delivery of activities at the School and Family Centre where parents or carers can connect and learn with each other.
- Make it easier for families to access different services by telling their story only once when seeking support.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers to support their children’s learning and development.
3. Improving adult learning and employment opportunities.
- Facilitate activities for families to connect with each other and pursue interests.
- Partner with other organisations to deliver adult learning opportunities on site and employment support.
- Link parents and carers with volunteer opportunities and support them with pathways to employment.
Northern Bay Stories
Identifying a need in the local community, the Multi-lingual initiative aims to engage with the local community.…
Kids Culture Fest was held on site at Our Place Northern Bay in October to launch Children’s Week across the City of Geelong.…
Northern Bay families and local community members feature in videos produced as part of the City of Greater Geelong’s Eat Well Live Well initiative…