Mooroopna Primary School, Greater Shepparton City Council, Department of
Education, Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.
1. Children in Mooroopna are involved in learning and social opportunities in the early years
- Encourage families to join in playgroups and early learning opportunities as much as possible.
- Support families to access and be a part of high quality early learning and development activities
- Encourage and support positive learning environments at home
2. To engage students and encourage regular school attendance
- Ensure we are providing a culturally safe environment on site for children and parents
- Make it easier for families to attend on a regular basis by finding assistance for families that need extra support.
- Develop a common approach between the early years and school for supporting attendance
3. Children get access to the health and wellbeing support they need for happy and healthy development
- Identify and promote relevant services available on site as well as those off-site
- Provide information and help to families to access the services that can help their child
- Provide more child-related services and activities at the Mooroopna Our Place site
4. Families are happy, healthy and well and able to get help when they need it
- Provide a warm welcoming environment at Mooroopna Our Place site for parents to find out more about local services.
- Work with local services to provide assistance and solutions for families to maintain their wellbeing.
- Establish strong relationships with local services to support the needs of parents.
5. Connecting families to community learning and employment pathways
- Provide social activities and learning programs for parents and carers on site
- Work with other organisations to support parents and carers find learning and employment pathways
An on site art exhibition showcasing the talented work of the children from Mooroopna Primary School and Mooroopna Children and Families Centre (MCFC)…
A recent community open morning at the Mooroopna Children & Families Centre provided connections for local families and organisations.…
Supporting the ‘Activities in the Park’ event provided another opportunity for Our Place Mooroopna to connect with and hear from the local community.…
Download the resource: Connecting the Mooroopna Community.