Morwell Central Primary School, Morwell Park Primary School, Goodstart Early
Learning, Latrobe City Council, TAFE Gippsland, Department of Education and
Training, Department of Families, Fairness and Housing
- Children in the Morwell community grow up healthy and happy
- Partner with Latrobe City Council to provide easier access to a Maternal Child Health Nurse by offering the service at the local school.
- Work with services and families to identify and ensure that a broader range of supports are available and accessible for children.
- Facilitate access to antenatal and early care providers so parents get the support they need before, during, and after pregnancy.
- Simplify how families receive information about child development.
- Work with Goodstart Early Learning and Morwell Central Primary School to make sure there is a consistent approach to children’s learning as they move from early learning
2. Supporting families
- Facilitate services working together so that families can access support more easily at Morwell Central Primary School and in the community.
- Work with medical service providers to offer doctor’s appointments at Morwell Central Primary School.
- Provide information on activities and supports available for families at Our Place Morwell.
3. Children can access a range of afterschool activities
- Partner with local clubs and organisations to deliver before or after-school activities that children are interested in.
- Work with the Morwell community to establish a group of volunteers to support the running of activities at local primary schools.
4. Families in Morwell feel connected to the community
- Create opportunities for parents to connect onsite and become an active part of the school community – including fathers and male carers.
- Facilitate social activities for families (e.g. sewing groups, cooking groups, father’s groups).
5. Improving adult learning and employment opportunities
- Partner with other organisations to deliver adult learning opportunities and employment support onsite.
- Link parents and carers with local training opportunities.
Our Place Morwell has partnered with Latrobe City Council to provide families with easier access to a Maternal Child Health (MCH) nurse by offering th…
Download the resource: Why Our Place? Evidence behind the approach.
After-school activities like sport, music, craft and dance build children’s confidence, help them make friends and learn to get along with people, kee…