Morwell Central Primary School, Morwell Park Primary School, Goodstart Early
Learning, Latrobe City Council, TAFE Gippsland, Department of Education, Department of Families, Fairness and Housing
1. Children in the Morwell community grow up healthy and happy
- Partner with Latrobe City Council to provide easier access to a Maternal Child Health Nurse by offering the service at the local school.
- Work with services and families to identify and ensure that a broader range of supports are available and accessible for children.
- Facilitate access to antenatal and early care providers so parents get the support they need before, during, and after pregnancy.
- Simplify how families receive information about child development.
- Work with Goodstart Early Learning and Morwell Central Primary School to make sure there is a consistent approach to children’s learning as they move from early learning
2. Supporting families
- Facilitate services working together so that families can access support more easily at Morwell Central Primary School and in the community.
- Work with medical service providers to offer doctor’s appointments at Morwell Central Primary School.
- Provide information on activities and supports available for families at Our Place Morwell.
3. Children can access a range of afterschool activities
- Partner with local clubs and organisations to deliver before or after-school activities that children are interested in.
- Work with the Morwell community to establish a group of volunteers to support the running of activities at local primary schools.
4. Families in Morwell feel connected to the community
- Create opportunities for parents to connect onsite and become an active part of the school community – including fathers and male carers.
- Facilitate social activities for families (e.g. sewing groups, cooking groups, father’s groups).
5. Improving adult learning and employment opportunities
- Partner with other organisations to deliver adult learning opportunities and employment support onsite.
- Link parents and carers with local training opportunities.
Working in partnership with Berry Street, Our Place Morwell has implemented a free learning games library for families.…
Our Place Morwell worked with local organisation Reclink and Morwell Central Primary School to deliver a free after school sports program.…
By playing the role of ‘The Glue’, Our Place Morwell has facilitated initiatives to support adults within the community.…
Download the resource: Connecting The Morwell Community.