Seymour College, Kids First Australia, Mitchell Shire Council, Department of
Education and Training, Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.
1. Children are engaged and supported in their learning
- Work with Kids First Australia and Seymour College to make sure there is a consistent approach to children’s learning as they move from early learning to school.
- Partner with early learning services so that children regularly attend positive and stimulating early learning before they start school.
- Partner with local clubs and organisations to deliver before or after-school activities that primary school children are interested in.
2. Supporting families
- Work with partners to provide services at Seymour Family and Community Centre, particularly services for new parents and carers.
- Make it easier for families and children to connect with services.
3. Families are connected and involved in their children's learning
- Facilitate the delivery of activities at Seymour College where parents or careers can connect with their children’s learning.
4. Improve adult learning and employment opportunities
- Support parents and carers to take up adult learning opportunities.
- Facilitate opportunities for parents and carers to connect with community.
Our Place is supporting local families to access free and diverse enrichment and engagement activities in Seymour, including a skateboarding…
After-school activities like sport, music, craft and dance build children’s confidence, help them make friends and learn to get along with people, kee…
Download the resource: Why Our Place? Evidence behind the approach.