Aldercourt Primary School, Mahogany Rise Primary School, Monterey Secondary
College, Frankston City Council, Community Kinders Plus, Department of
Education and Training, Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.
1. Children are supported to grow up healthy and happy
- Help families to feel supported in understanding their child’s development, from pregnancy through to starting school. We will do this by helping families to access local early learning and health services.
- Work with families to provide information and warm referrals to the services they need.
- Work with the Frankston North schools and health and wellbeing services, so families and their children can easily access support during their primary school and secondary school years.
2. Students are engaged and connected to learning
- Support a range of early learning activities and opportunities for families and their children.
- Support the community in Frankston North to build greater connection with the schools and learning opportunities on offer.
- Support student aspirations, encouraging children and families to have hopes and dreams for their future.
- Partner with local clubs and organisations to increase access to out of hours activities for children.
3. Families are happy, healthy and well
- Create an environment where parents feel welcome onsite and are connected to both the schools and the support they need.
- Support providers to deliver services locally and provide families with referrals and information that will help them to access the services more easily.
- Work with organisations to deliver opportunities for parents and carers to meet others and learn new skills.
FRANKSTON NORTH stories
When the current employment service provider announced the need to withdraw from providing support on site, Our Place was able to act quickl…
Download the resource: Connecting The Frankston North Community.
Place-based approaches bring together the resources that communities need to thrive. Grounded in collaboration, they work towards strengthening commun…